Barbecue Ribs With Peanut-Chili Sauce
Who said our peanut butter was only for sandwiches? Try these moreish BBQ chilli ribs with peanut sauce to take your braai to a peanut-powered level!
- 500ml (2 cups) soy sauce
- 250ml (1 cup) water
- 60ml (4 tablespoons) chopped ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2 racks of pork ribs
For the Peanut-Chilli Sauce
- 30ml (2 tablespoons) butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 can (410g) All Gold chopped tomatoes
- 65ml (¼ cup) All Gold tomato sauce
- 30ml (2 tablespoons) Colman’s Dijon Mustard
- 30ml (2 tablespoons) dark brown sugar
- 30ml (2 tablespoons) honey
- 15ml (1 tablespoon) chilli powder
- 15ml (1 tablespoon) paprika
- 15ml (1 tablespoon) Holbrooks Worcestershire Sauce
- 125ml (½ cup) Black Cat Smooth Peanut Butter
- 15ml (1 tablespoon) wine vinegar
- Place ribs in a large roasting dish. Combine soy sauce, water, ginger and garlic in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Turn off heat and let cool. Pour mixture over pork ribs in roasting dish and marinate in refrigerator overnight.
- For the Peanut-Chilli Sauce: In a large saucepan, over medium high heat, melt the butter and sauté onion and garlic until transparent.
- Add tomatoes and simmer for 15 minutes. Add tomato sauce, mustard, brown sugar, honey, chilli powder, paprika and Worcestershire sauce. Continue cooking for 20 minutes.
- Puree mixture in a food processor, pour into a bowl and whisk in the peanut butter and vinegar.
- Remove ribs from marinade. Cook over open fire or grill in the oven, turning and brushing with the marinade until cooked through.
Serve with the peanut chilli sauce and corn on the cob.
Cookies help us improve your website experience.