Belgium waffles go under a taste construction with the addition of Black Cat Peanut Butter. Guests will definitely be coming back for seconds…and thirds!
- 240g (2 cups) Golden Cloud Cake Flour
- 10ml (2 teaspoons) baking powder
- 3ml (½ teaspoon) salt
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 30ml (2 tablespoons) sugar
- 3ml (½ teaspoon) vanilla extract
- 60ml (4 tablespoons) butter, melted
- 500ml (2 cups) milk
- 30ml (2 tablespoons) milk
- 30ml (2 tablespoons) maple syrup
- 65ml (¼ cup) plain Greek yogurt
- 30ml (2 tablespoons) Black Cat Smooth Peanut Butter
- Preheat waffle iron according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- In a medium bowl sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl beat together egg yolks and sugar until sugar is completely dissolved and eggs have turned a pale yellow. Add vanilla extract, melted butter and milk to eggs and whisk to combine.
- Combine egg-milk mixture with flour mixture and whisk until just blended. Do not over mix.
- Beat egg whites with an electric mixer or whisk until soft peaks form. Using a metal spoon or spatula, gently fold egg whites into waffle batter. Do not over mix!
- Coat waffle iron with cooking spray and pour enough batter in iron to just cover waffle grid. Close and cook as per manufacturer’s instructions until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Serve immediately, drizzled with Peanut Butter sauce.
- For the peanut butter sauce: Combine yogurt, peanut butter and maple syrup in a bowl. Mix with a spoon until well combined.
- Add milk, a tablespoon at a time, keep stirring until the sauce thins out to desired consistency.
- If desired; serve sprinkled with a few chocolate chips, or blueberries.
Cookies help us improve your website experience.