Peanut Butter Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
Ice cream, peanut butter and cookies, all sandwiched into one? A perfect dessert time treat, any day of the week.
Makes about 18 sandwiches, or 36 individual cookies
- 300g (2¼ cups) Golden Cloud Cake Wheat Flour
- 7ml (1½ teaspoons) bicarbonate of soda
- 3ml (½ teaspoon) salt
- 125g (½ cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 200g (1 cup) white granulated sugar
- 100g (½ cup) packed dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 5ml (1 teaspoon) vanilla essence
- 125ml (½ cup) Black Cat Smooth Peanut Butter
- Vanilla ice cream and All Gold Fig Jam, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C and line two cookie sheets with baking paper.
- Beat together butter and sugars until smooth and creamy.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, mix in the vanilla essence.
- Add salt and baking soda, mix, gradually add flour until it has all been incorporated.
- Add peanut butter and mix well lightly using a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Using a tablespoon, spoon out dough roll into balls and place on prepared baking sheets, flatten lightly. Bake 10 – 12 minutes, until golden.
- Let cookies cool completely on a rack, when ready to serve, spread cookies with jam on the bottom side, top half of the cookies with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, top with remaining cookies.
- Serve immediately or wrap tightly with plastic wrap and store in freezer.
Cookies help us improve your website experience.