Peanut Butter Curry Chicken
Our Peanut Butter Curry Chicken takes butter chicken and spices it up with protein power for a comfort food extravaganza! You’ll be raving about it later.
- 10ml (2 teaspoons) ground coriander
- 10ml (2 teaspoons) ground cumin
- 5ml (1 teaspoon) ground turmeric
- 5ml (1 teaspoon) paprika
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 10cm pieces
- 60ml (4 tablespoons) sunflower oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 15ml (1 tablespoon) finely grated fresh ginger
- 750ml (3 cups) Benny Chicken Stock
- 180ml (¾ cup) Black Cat Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1 can (410g) All Gold Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 green pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- Fresh lime wedges
- 125ml (½ cup) roasted peanuts
- Chopped fresh coriander
- Mix salt, coriander, cumin, turmeric, paprika, and cayenne pepper together in a small bowl.
- Place chicken pieces in a separate bowl and add 1/2 of the spice blend. Mix together thoroughly to coat each surface with spice blend.
- Heat oil over high heat in a heavy pot. Brown half of the chicken pieces on all sides. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat with the rest of the chicken.
- Reduce heat to medium and add onion to pot. Sauté until onions start to turn translucent and golden, 1 or 2 minutes. Add garlic and ginger; cook about 1 minute. Stir in remaining spice blend; cook and stir one minute. Pour in chicken broth.
- Add browned chicken along with accumulated juices. Stir in peanut butter and tomatoes.
- Bring to a simmer and reduce heat to maintain a gentle, steady simmer. Simmer, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer zucchini, red bell pepper and peanuts to the pot. Stir to mix. Continue simmering until chicken and vegetables are fork tender, 30 to 40 minutes. Remove from heat.
Serve over rice with a squeeze of lime and a sprinkle of peanuts and chopped coriander.
Cookies help us improve your website experience.