Peanut Butter Onion & Herb Bread
Say what?! This nutty version of our savoury teatime favourite will revolutionise your taste buds.
Makes 1 loaf
- 420g (3½ cups) Golden Cloud Bread Flour
- 5ml (1 teaspoon) salt
- 10ml (2 teaspoons) dried thyme
- 15ml (1 tablespoon) brown sugar
- 1pkt (10g) instant dry yeast
- 250ml (1 cup) warm water
- ½ onion, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 65ml (¼ cup) chopped fresh coriander
- 125ml (½ cup) Black Cat Crunchy Peanut Butter
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease and line a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, place flour, salt, thyme, sugar and yeast. Make a hole in the middle and add warm water. Knead together to mix, add onion, garlic, peanut butter and coriander. Knead thoroughly for at least 10 minutes.
- Remove dough and place into a greased bowl. Cover with a clean towel and allow to rise until double the size.
- Knock dough down and form into a rectangle, roll up into a loaf shape and place in the greased loaf pan. Cover with a clean towel and allow to rise until double in size.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until the bread sounds hollow when thumped on the bottom.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 2-3 minutes before removing from the pan. Cool completely on a wire rack and serve spread with butter, jam or cheese.
Cookies help us improve your website experience.