Spicy Date & Ginger Squares With Peanut Butter Frosting
Did someone say peanut butter frosting? I’ll lick the spoon please!
- 250g pitted dates
- 250ml (1 cup) milk
- 5ml (1teaspoon) bicarbonate of soda
- 240g (2 cups) Golden Cloud Orange & Ginger Cake Mix
- 125ml (½ cup) milk
- 65ml (¼ cup) oil
- 2 extra large eggs
- 300g (3 cups) icing sugar, sifted
- 125g butter
- 45ml (3 tablespoons) milk
- 15ml (1 tablespoon) preserved ginger, finely chopped
- 125ml (½ cup) Black Cat Crunchy Peanut Butter
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease and line a 30X20cm lamington tin with baking paper.
- Place dates and milk in a small saucepan and bring to the boil, remove from heat, add bicarbonate of soda and set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl mix together Cake Mix, milk, oil and eggs. Beat well, spoon date mixture into cake mixture, mix well and pour into prepared tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool in tin for 15 minutes.
- To make frosting: in a medium bowl, cream together icing sugar and butter, add milk, preserved ginger and Black Cat peanut butter, beat together until smooth.
- Remove cake from pan and spread with frosting. Cut into squares and serve.
Cookies help us improve your website experience.