Thai Peanut Soup With Grilled Peanut Butter Croutons
- 8 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 90ml (1/3 cup) Black Cat Crunchy Peanut Butter
- Butter or oil, for the pan
- Cook sweet potatoes in water until soft + – 45 minutes. Remove from water and allow to cool. Once cool, peel away the skin. Place sweet potatoes in a medium size bowl. Mash with a fork and set aside.
- Heat one tablespoon of the peanut oil in a medium saucepan, sauté onion until just softened.
- Add the jalapeno and garlic, sauté for 1 minute. Stir in curry paste and coconut milk.
- Add mashed sweet potatoes, stir to combine. Remove saucepan from heat and pour mixture into a food processor or blender or puree mixture in pot with a hand mixer.
- Pour back into saucepan Stir in peanut butter, coriander, salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the remaining peanut oil and check seasoning. Serve hot topped with peanut butter croutons, chopped peanuts and coriander.
To make the peanut butter croutons, toast each piece of bread and slather with peanut butter. Heat a frying pan over medium heat with a tablespoon or so of butter or oil. Grill each sandwich for 2 to 3 minutes per side. Cut into squares and serve with the soup.
Cookies help us improve your website experience.